CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thank goodness for water!!!






This summer is worse than the last. I don't do well in extreme heat at all. Last year I was seven months pregnant and totally miserable. My mother, of course is still wearing scarves and mittens and her long underwear at work, I on the other hand am scarring my children for life walking around scantily clad. I don't know if I'm going through menopause or if I've died and gone to hell, I'm just always burning up. So, this summer, we have been taking total advantage of my Aunt and Uncle's pool. I know their sick of us but they're nice enough to always grin and bear it. Honestly, I don't know of any other way to spend this summer.

6 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I have my heater on at work as we speak. I wish I were free to go with you every day. Cute pics but where is the Mom?

CAINS said...

I'm in the picture! Who's going to hold the baby in her tube?

EM said...

I laughed sooo hard when I read this post. Soooo true that MA is bundled up to the neck in winter clothes. I am jealous of the pool. Maybe someday we could come down and hang out at the pool with you, but I won't hold my breathe. Back in the day, we all would have gone down to Utah to hang out. Why did we have to get old and responsible!?!

Morg and Robbie said...

I have complete and total empathy- if it makes you feel any better, which I don't know why it would cause it won't make you cooler, however, here in the mid-west we have unbelievable humidity in addition to the unearthly heat. We also frequent a pool at which I am sure our welcome is long gone- what can you do?

gerdy said...

Abby I love your blog and I too hate the extreme heat which is why I try and spend most of my summers in Montana. Which reminds me we need to get together before I go back up there.

Tiffany said...

Cute pics, that's the classic thing to do in the summer time! There is no other way than to go to the pool!!! We need to get together soon!