Today I was called to teach the Sunbeam class. I don't know if our Heavenly Father has a sense of humor, or if I need to learn the value of patience. All I can say is that I'm scared to death! The boy behind us during sacrament meeting was realeased and as I was called to stand, he laughed and said, "good luck!!" Not what I wanted to hear! Hopefully, I will be able to keep their attention and teach them something....we'll see!
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
i taught the class above the sunbeams and i LOVED it! they are of course out of control but they can actually be really funny! keep the lessons super simple though, theyre not the biggest on listening! i would always bring some sort of craft or coloring page to occupy most of the lesson then make sure to teach them a few key points. GOOD LUCK!
I think that you will be perfect for the Sunbeams. Emma is going to be one this year and I am nervous about it, but the good thing is that you will get to start off with new ones in a few weeks. I think that they are funny to teach. They know way more than you expect them to about Heavenly Father and Jesus. Good Luck. I mean that nicely, not sarcastically!!!
Hey- My name is Amy. I am good friends with Tiff and Deb pugmire's daughter in-law. I heard about everything. so I guess were kinda related now. anyways we should keep in touch. our blog is www.tjandamypugmire.blogspot.com
we team taught sunbeams. it has its moments, but you will be the best teacher. just think how your coloring skills will improve :) if you ever have a lesson on reverence I have a great idea that went over well. if you teach this sunday and lesson on christ birth, we had our kids make their own mangers (for christ to sleep) out of gram crackers, frosting, and colored coconut yellow (straw). it was messy but kids loved it. best of luck! thats great your finding more family! Ainslie
ABBY!!!holy cow, how's it going? I'm so glad you found me, it's totally crazy timing though. I don't remember who I was talking to but just the other day I we were chatting and wondered where your were and how your were doing? yeah! now I know! I like your hair blonde and your fam pics are gorgeous!! who did them? I'm kinda into photography as a hobby and love looking at other photographers sites. anyway, you've got a pretty cute fam too, and thanks again for finding me it will be fun to catch up. ttyl Brooke
Hi Abby! My mom and I are on looking at your blog and wanted to tell you good luck with the Sunbeams, you will be awesome, and we are so happy that you have made connections with your biological family:) It must be a hard thing for your mom and dad, its great they are so supportive. I'm sorry I missed you when you were in Burley- Merry Christmas!
Hi Abby! I totally remember who you are! It was great getting a comment from you! Your family is gorgeous (as expected coming from you!) Good luck with the Sunbeams! Of all the classes, I think they would be the hardest!
Abby don't feel bad, I am in Nursery and i have to take a deep breath when i walk in to the church!! You will do great!!
Kona Haycock Harper
HI ABBY!! I hope you remember me...it's been awhile! I saw your blog on Garianne's. You have a BEAUTIFUL family but I'm not surprised. I hope things are great for you. We had to sub in Sunbeams for a couple weeks and they ate us alive! But I don't think i've laughed that hard in a long time! It's amazing what they think of.
Guess what....we just were called to teach the Sunbeams too! I'm a little nervous. I don't have little ones at home so we'll see how it goes.
Hey girlie, havn't heard from you in a while! How are things??? Give me a call soon. I should be having Dallas in at least a week!!! Hope all is well!
hi, you should post more updated pics or maybe I should be more of a friend and come see you! :) hope all is well, Im just adjusting to parenting
Post a Comment