CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pain In The Neck

So I have been wearing a neck brace for the last few days, as if my self esteem wasn't bad enough! I won't be posting any pictures, because frankly, I look like Mimi from Drew Carey. I slept on the couch two Sunday's ago because our new dog was making so much noise in our room, and I woke up with just a sore neck. Nothing to be worried about. On Tuesday, I got out of bed and felt a shock go down both of my legs and the pain in my neck was so bad. It hurt to stand or sit down. I went to a chiropractor and it ended up hurting more than ever. I went to urgent care and they gave me a shot to help me relax and to help me at least sleep a little...didn't happen. So I went to a Dr. on Monday and he took one look at me and knew what it was. It's called Torticollis.
It starts with a pinched nerve from a slipped disc in the neck. It causes my head to lean to one side. They took x-rays and my neck doesn't have the natural "c" curve in it from the side view, instead, it curves to the left looking straight on.
I started physical therapy Tuesday, and go again today. Hopefully, it will take care of itself so I don't have to go under the knife!

4 comments:

Dinger said...

Wow! Abby I am so sorry. I thought maybe you had been in a car accident or something. Hope you had a good Christmas though. Wish I lived closer to help out.

Whitney & Charlie said...

I'm so sorry Abby, I hope you get feeling better :( Wish we were closer to help you out. How is the new house?!

Maegan Leoni said...

yikes! Hope everything will turn out okay.

Morg and Robbie said...

You are hilarious, I'm sorry to hear about the neck but am glad you found a doctor that knew what to do- scary isn't it that one doctor had no idea and the other knew immediately?! What kind of doctors have they unleashed on the unsuspecting public and how do we know the difference! btw, I want to see a picture :)